Saturday, February 14, 2004
Since I haven't been posting regularly I have more recaps and updates to give. Not like you care, but humor me.
- I've been buying some banging azz chicken and rice from the Spanish restaraunt by my job. Yummmm.
- I watched a man fiddle with his genitalia during rush hour on the E train. He was standing behind this white girl who was talking with her friend about going to some open grill Chinese spot that has great food. She said their noodles were "really thick and delicious". I think her dialogue was contributing to dude's hard on. Anyway, I watched him in disgust then finally blurted out that "A PERVERT IS STANDING BEHIND YOU. YOU NEED TO WATCH THE PEOPLE THAT ARE IN YOUR PERSONAL SPACE! HONEY TURN AROUND!". She looked at me in mass confusion, but I couldn't explain anymore because my stop had come and I had ish to do. I don't even use the word "honey" when speaking with people, but she looked so pitiful and confused... the words just came out.
- I bought a $600 bag.
- I bought some Paul Robeson stamps.
- I've continued my race to beat the clock for application deadlines. I'm a real mess.
- I've continued to watch Top Model ( I gave up on College Hill long ago). What is going on with Camille's eyebrows. They look like two acute triangles on her head. What the deal is?
- I typed a quick memo after this wench from work hung the phone up on me. I turned it into my surpervisor because I document all bullshit events that go down. Two days later she did the same thing to my supervisor. *check gesture*Two memos and a pink slip in her file now. Documentation people, documenttion. It gets people fired quicker.
- I reread Racism 101
- I took the path train for the first time since it's been rebuilt. That ish is ill. It goes right through the World Trade Tomb. Unreal. I need to take pictures before the rebuilding begins.
- I got asked out on a date through email. I'll post it later. It deserves a post of it's own. Hold your horses. If you know my M.O. it would only take you a millisecond to guess I'm not interested in the cat.
This is all I can remember for now. I'm going to have to say good day to you all. I may come back here every once and a while. Actually that's a lie, there will be absolutely no reason for me to bring my man tan azz back over to this piece. If you want to check for me I'll be here . It's a brand new day baby! Welcome to the revelution:
Monday, February 09, 2004
(I don't hold dates.... everything is such a blurry haze in retrospect. Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays merge and mingle, and I can never tell the diffference... )
- I saw stank azz Betsy Johnson in Union Square and I said, "Hi Betsy" and she acted like she was trying to remember me even though she didn't know me and then she just gave up and said, "Hey!".
- I played Carl Thomas' Emotional for 3 days straight.
- I saw my former boyfriend's ex girlfriend modeling in the latest edition of Vibe. She was also on Star Search Model competition.
- I've been apllying to Ivy League Schools... sort of. Lazinesss get's in the way sometimes.
- I just discovered who Fannie Lou Hamer.
- I saw this woman with the strangest facial dimensions I've ever seen in my life. She had THE BIGGEST HEAD and the tiniest mouth. You'd have to see if to be a believer.
- I've had a job transfer. I had a departmental change and I'm no longer working on 14th Street. Now I'm in Spanish Harlem.
This is enough for now. There's more, but I can't remember. You do know that it's BLACK HISTORY MONTH don't you? Does this even mean anything to you? Do you think it's propaganda? Do you think it holds purpose or do you think it's academic?
Stony the road we trod, Bitter the Chastening rod
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died
Yet with a steady beat, Have not our weary feet
Come to the place for which our father's sighed?
We have come over a way that with tears has been watered
We have come treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered
Out from a gloomy past, Till now we stand at last
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast
I'm going through serious changes. I'm about to get brand new... like you've never seen before. Scram.